Pour Your Heart into It
Last week I was given the opportunity to be a part of an interview and photo shoot with a VP from the company I work at! After all of my hard work these past few months I was extremely excited and felt very blessed. I wanted to share with you guys the advice I received a while back from a mentor that helped me get to this moment... "Pour your heart into something and you will see great reward." I have found this to be such a truth not only in my work life but in my school life and personal life as well.
Now on to what you really care about... the outfit! I love a good summer scarf and this one was the perfect accessory to the blazer and pants combo.
SHOP THE LOOK
blazer: Forever 21 | pants: The Limited (sold out) find similar HERE | scarf: Nordstrom Rack | shoes: Nordstrom
This flirty red dress was the perfect day date outfit especially with all of the hot weather we have been having! I love how bright this red is and even though red isn't usually a summer color this neon-ish version of it sure makes it seem like it was made for the summer months. I actually bought this on my trip to Hawaii last summer but I am have found another dress that is very similar!
SHOP THE LOOK
dress: find similar Here | sandals: similar Here | clutch: I need this clutch Here
What's in Your Beach Bag?
I will be spending my 4th of July on the beach and I cannot wait. What better way to celebrate America than on a sandy beach surrounded by music and friends (and beer)? Before the festivities begin I wanted to share with you what will be in my beach bag!
1. This foldable beach mat is amazing at keeping the sand away and I wouldn't be caught at the beach without it! Find it here.
2. Sunscreen is a MUST! And so is reapplying! Do not damage your pretty skin just to be tan for a week. Trust me... Even with sunscreen you will still get tan. You can find the Australian Gold 30 SPF at any drug store or Walmart.
3. I will be taking the usual white girl picture with the American flag towel wrapped around me... Judge me. 'MERICA. Find here.
4. These bars are a super food and a super snack. [Gluten free, dairy free, soy free and 100% vegan]. They will definitely keep me energized. Find at Target.
5. La Roche-Posay has the best face sunscreen I've ever come across. It's also tinted so if you're feeling self conscious about any flaws but don't want to wear makeup to the beach use this stuff! It is great for sensitive skin or my rosacea and really blocks the sun. I buy at Ulta.
6. Lips and eyelids are super sensitive... I love this Vaseline lip therapy to keep them nice and dry so I don't end up with a sun blister. Find at Walgreens.
7. The single most important thing in my bag is good ole H2O. Stay hydrated! Your skin and body will thank you!
I hope you all get the chance to celebrate with your families and loved ones! Have a Happy 4th and stay fabulous!!
I am a college student in engineering and I love it, but my real passion is fashion. I am obsessed with all things neutral, all black clothing, expensive hand bags, and shoes with red bottoms.
CURRENT TECH OBSESSION:
HP Deskjet 3755
Only $70 and it seriously does everything you could want! Plus it's so quiet!