As a species we relate bright colors to being good. If you go to the grocery store and are picking up your fresh vegetables for the week, you aren't going to pick the brown and dingy ones. You are going to pick the brightest most vibrant tomato or cucumber there is.
We should relate that same mind set to our daily attitudes. I completely understand that some Monday's are just the crappiest days you'll ever face but I can promise you that being bright and positive, brings the positive. (Say that five times fast)
A lot of things are changing in my life and although change can be scary, it can be good. I have to continue being positive and excited for every day that the good Lord blessed me with.
I wanted to post this topic specifically because being happy is fashionable and it is beautiful and it is healthy. So, my advice is to stay busy and fill your days with bright healthy foods and positive attitudes.
Acne... what a sensitive subject. In my opinion there is nothing worse than a zit. Every girls dream is to have flawless skin but it's not always a reality. Sweat, crappy food and stress all cause flaws in our skin. but just like everything in life there is a time and a place and a how to pop a zit. I'm what you would call a "picker" so to not leave scars or to not have huge red marks on my face I had to develop a method to popping a zit.
1. Place a hot towel on your face, this opens up the pores
2. Using a combdone* extractor or a sanitized needle, pop the center of that zit
3. Using two cotton swabs, take the ends and press down around the edges of the zit
4. The core should pop right out but make sure to stop if clear fluid or blood comes out!!
5. Put Neosporin on the zit (this is my trick) so that there is little redness and no infection
6. If it's puffy or swollen place a piece of ice on the area
7. Wake up the next day and you're good to go with a small dab of concealer!
My advice for those zits that are under the skin would be to follow those same steps but to LEAVE IT ALONE if no core comes out!
A few other things that help my skin are obviously washing my face morning and night, staying away from soda, washing my face immediately after the gym or after an eyebrow wax (they use oils that break me out) and trying to manage my stress (sometimes I can't control that one).
The only thing more satisfying than finally popping that zit is not having any at all!
*pictured is a combdone extractor